Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Err, thats a link to a post talking about flac's WAV reader being limited
> to 4Gig files. Problem is, *all* WAV files greater than 4Gig are mal-formed.
> Due to limitations in the way WAV files are specified, no valid WAV file
> can ever be over 4Gig.

And most don't work over 2 GB. The solution we (Xiph) have used in other
projects (opusenc, oggenc) is to treat sizes over ~2 GB as meaning "Just
keep reading until EOF." See wav_open() audio-in.c in opus-tools. It
turns out you need to use slightly less than 2 GB for the limit to
handle the output of some tools. We also provide an --ignorelength
option to request this behavior regardless of the length in the header
(which lets it work with tools that just truncate the size to 32 bits).