Once more hi,

I've tried to reproduce this issue, but I am unable to do so. Could you try to re-encode the file with FLAC (to make sure it is not an issue with Taglib) and try to strip with metaflac again? This can be done as follows

flac input.flac -o output.flac
metaflac --dont-use-padding --remove --block-type=PADDING output.flac

If this turns out to be fine it probably solves your problem, but still I would be interested in a file to check whether Taglib produces non-compliant files or metaflac doesn't accept all valid input. If it turns out that metaflac doesn't like this either, there is something rather weird going on.