Op ma 5 sep. 2022 om 09:51 schreef Seb Francis <s...@burnit.co.uk>:

> ffmpeg seems to copy the metadata (apart from converting jpeg covers to
> png at 10x the size), but I feel more comfortable using the reference
> libFLAC rather than Lavf, so would prefer to use the flac command-line
> tool if possible.
>
> Is there a way to achieve metadata data transfer with this?

I see now I did not hit "reply to all", so I'm sending this again so the
mailing list receives it too. Sorry for the inconvenience

---------

No, the flac command line utility does not interpret ID3 data in any way,
as you've noticed.

What you could do is first encode with ffmpeg and then re-encode that FLAC
file with the flac command line program. In my opinion there is no reason
to feel uncomfortable using the ffmpeg FLAC encoder though.

Kind regards, Martijn van Beurden

By the way, concerning the issue of not having ffmpeg convert the albumart,
maybe try adding -c:v copy to the command just before the output file. So,
ffmpeg -i file.aiff -c:v copy file.flac

If you want to re-encode that file with flac use either flac file.flac -o
otherfile.flac or flac -f file.flac