Hi,

> Is it possible to get this mailing list through a newsgroup or is there
> another newsgroup that is predominately used by this community?

There has been a flascodeurs newsgroup inspired in the name and spirit
from this list created some years ago, but the language there is french only
and the volume is much much lower off course :)

I can let the URL if some French speaking people are interested.

But for accessing this list trough newsgroup you should go to gmane.org

news.gmane.org

the group this list is mapped to:
gmane.comp.web.flashcoders.devel

you should probably not be able to access very old archives of the list,
but for daily use it's like any regular newsgroup

zwetan