Central was a developer release. Sometime to innovate you have to put
something out there and learn from it. There were some invaluable lessons
learned from Central:

1. Player performance needed to improve an order of magnitude.
2. FileIO was important.
3. Binary data manipulation was important.
4. Flash Platform needed better tools for application development.

Flash on the desktop is far from dead, actually it is the next beachhead for
the Flash Platform. Central was a learning experience that will allow MM to
make a future product 20X better.

Here is what I would like to see in the future desktop flash player:

1. Hardware acceleration of graphic rendering.
2. Window transparency and shape control.
3. Full OSX and Windows integration, icons, tray, dock.
4. Once click app installation (What Central got right!)
5. APIs for creating child windows as needed.
6. Integration with joysticks and other input devices for games.
7. Developer branding, not MM branding.
8. Performance 10x faster than web players.
9. Resolution scaling similar to http://www.swfxxl.com/
10. Unique ID specific to Desktop User for COLA Licensing

BTW, VB2.0 was a flop. It took another release to get thing right.

My 2 cents,

Ted Patrick