Greetings

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of zwetan
Sent: samedi 29 octobre 2005 15:03
To: 'Flashcoders mailing list'
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Re: Newbie AS3 question

> >>No need to get hyper about "this".
> >>The matter stays that "this" used to be essential in AS1, thus probably
> why
> >>people still like to implicate him in their code. But I agree that
> putting
> >>"this" in an AS2 Class should be used only when necessary.
>  >
>  > You do know that it (this.) is being added for you at compile time in
> AS2, right?
>
> Who cares? All that means is that there is no semantic difference
> between the two.

There is a difference for AS3 ! (and this is the correct behaviour)
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex/langref/statements.html#this

"To call a function defined in a dynamic class, you must use this to invoke
the function in the proper scope"

zwetan