At first glance it looks like you have a potential continuous loop issue?

stopwatchComplete() >> questionComplete() >> stopwatchComplete() >> and so on if (id >= questions.length)

Second is I don't see where "id" is defined in questionComplete() did you mean to type this instead:

   if ( questionId >= questions.length )

JOR

___________________________________
===  James O'Reilly
===
===  SynergyMedia, Inc.
===  www.synergymedia.net

Weyert de Boer wrote:
Hi Liam,

First of all I always have had trouble with those methods, never got it right. Always failed, I don't they dont like!

I imagine you're calling clearInterval with the appropriate interval ID upon each quiz question submittal, and then afterwards recalling setInterval for the new question? How does it fail the second time? Does it just never call
it again, or does it call the function at a different interval?

Well, I happen to have a resource xml file which get loaded prioer of each group of questions, once this group is readed a method in the root timeline gets triggered which will determine what to do. This method will also trigger the method buildQuestion() when required, this method will create a new instance of "question"-movieclip. After this part is done the function doStopwatch() is called:

function doStopwatch() {
  // 1second = 1000ms
_root.stopwatchIntervalId = setInterval( _root.stopwatchComplete, 3000 );
}

function stopwatchComplete() {
   clearInterval( _root.stopwatchIntervalId );
     // trigger the question completed method
   _root.questionComplete( _root.question.id, _root.question.type );
}

function questionComplete( questionId, questionType ) {
   if ( id >= questions.length ) {
        // out of questions
        _root.stopwatchComplete();
   } else {
         // next quesiton
         buildQuestion( questionId + 1 );

IF you have a better solution please let me know! I feel so stupid that I don't get thing timer stuff working.

Yours,
Weyert de Boer