cut the ring with a 1 pixel line, then it's like a c with a pixel opening.
You could do this with the drawing api, but if the split shows too badly you
might need to patch it

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Navneet
Behal
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:54 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] How to make a doughnut?

After putting a couple of hours on the problem, I am still in a daze on how
would one go about making a doughnut shape (circle with cut-out in the
center) using the drawing API.

I'm not talking about drawing a circle using:

lineStyle(BIGNUMBERHERE, color, alpha);

I'd like to put in a gradient fill into a doughnut shape. And it has to be a
doughnut, not a simulation of it (ie. not by drawing 2 circles over each
other and keeping the center cirlce the same as the background color). Real
dunkin' doughnut!

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,