On 10/31/05, Morten Barklund Shockwaved <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> It is amazing how we can turn back to this first-grade example of
> understanding scoping in ActionScript almost daily.

True - but this highlights a flaw in the language rather than a flaw in the
questioner... if the same non-obvious question always comes up. :-)

Which, I assume, is why MM have addressed it in AS3.

So until AS3 becomes the standard, unfortunately we're going to have to keep
answering the question. Or pointing them at the FAQ. And there is one on
OSFlash, I know, but it isn't immediately obvious to people joining this
list. I wonder whether a link to a FAQ could become part of the mailing list
signature..?

Ian