Hi all,

I'd like some pointers on how to convert a UK map sent to me in .shp
format to SWF format.

After a quick research I've found out that it's possible to first
export the data to SVG and then use an SVG to SWF tool to do the rest.
 But I'd like to know if there's a better way to do this.

I'm building an application where GIS data is supplied to me by the client.

Here's what I've found so far:

1) Using ArcExplorer (http://www.esri.com/software/arcexplorer/) to
explore the Layers of the GIS map data
2) Followed this tut to convert .shp formats to SVG
(http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/utils/shp2svg/)
3) Now looking to use this tool
(http://robla.net/1996/svg2swf/#download) and ming to export to  SWF

I found the "ogis2svg" command line tool quite straightforward but now
am stuck trying to convert the SVG output to SWF using the svg2swf
tool mentioned above.
I've googled it and haven't found many "respectable" tools for this purpose.

Any pointers/gotchas/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

/Johan