ok, i was wrong, looks like you dont even need the quadrant checks...thats my memory for you :)

i made a little movie with a circular movie clip, the reg point was in the middle, and another movieclip called pointer, which is just a line going up from the reg point, then this code did the trick

circle.onRelease = function()
{
        x = this._xmouse;
        y = this._ymouse;

        angle = Math.atan2(y,x) * (180 / Math.PI);

        _root.pointer._rotation = angle + 90;
}

thanks,

i havent written code like that in a long time, its quite fun being old skool ;)

Martin.

Merrill, Jason wrote:
Ah, rotate to the click point, right.  So combine Martin's trig and my
suggestion of the tween classes to move to a new rotation angle, and you
should have what you need.
Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com