Thanks for the speedy response. I tried the following:

Object.registerClass("mapHolder", SWFMapHolder);

SWFMapHolder imports flash.geom.Point and compiles with no problem. However,
how that I'm registering SWFMapHolder from my movie, I'm receiving the
following error:

**Error** ImageMapHolder.as: Line 32: The class or interface '
flash.geom.Point' could not be loaded.
public function getPosition():Point {

I've tried creating a new Flash document, creating an empty movie clip, and
calling Object.registerClass("empty_mc", SWFMapHolder), and that works just
fine. Why does my document have a hard time with import?

Liam