8ball Developer wrote:
Hi guys,
 I'm giving a presentation on using flash for an application in a few hours
and would like to have a firm answer on the following items.
 1. Can flash play audio streamed from Helix (Real Server)?

flash streams mp3. thats all. (why it doesnt do ogg, i dont know.. :)

2. Can flash access a database directly? I know this is no. But I don't know
what are all the work arounds. Suggestions?

presently you have to use middleware, php, java etc..
or if its a standalone application then you would have to have a suitable library and driver that you could access in the host (screenweaver, swfstudio, zinc etc..)

with 8.5 and some binary socket magic you could talk to a db directly.

i hope thats accurate :)

martin