In MX 2004, you can write the help in form of HTML files (number of
files) instead of "reference" tag in "customactions".

Then, add the tag for each html file to your .mxi like that:
<file source="_your_path_/file_name.html"
destination="$flash/HelpPanel/Help/_your_folder_" />

See "Extending Flash Help Panel Content" article in "Flash
Documentation" on MM site.
Also, I'd recommend just download any component (for Flash MX 2004)
and look through it's content, mxi etc.

--
Best regards,
 Gregory_GOusable

>you wrote:
frcfc> Message: 3
frcfc> Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:09:13 -0500
frcfc> From: eric dolecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
frcfc> Subject: [Flashcoders] Help For Custom Components
frcfc> To: Flashcoders mailing list <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
frcfc> Message-ID:
frcfc>         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
frcfc> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

frcfc> I get all the jazz about the customactions XML document - but can that
file
frcfc> be specified in an MXI file so when you install a component via MXP, it
frcfc> installs the help as well?

frcfc> Looking for documentation, not finding any yet.

frcfc> e.dolecki