-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve
Webster
Sent: 04 November 2005 10:23
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Bokel's LoaderClass cache issue with Firefox -
HELP!

Hi Dom,

> I have an initial swf in which im loading 2 external swf's into.
> That's all
> working perfectly however firefox is not caching the external swf's
> and is
> insisting on reloading them from scratch every time one of them is
> requested
> from a button click, whereas Internet Explorer knows they were
> cached and
> doesn't insist on preloading them again. (which is how it should be)

Have you got caching turned off in Firefox? Seems like a simply
enough question, but we had memory caching (not just hd caching)
turned off one one of our machines here that caused us some real
headaches with swf preloading. Check the relevant settings in
about:config, quit and restart the browser.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Steve

--