Eric R. Shinn wrote:
The end goal would be to create a design for a user interface in Illustrator and then export as an SVG file. Then, rather than download a graphic library for the SWF, have it draw it dynamically by downloading only the SVG XML-Doctype ;) I've coded graphics instead of drawing them and I've noticed a 90% drop in file size. I want more of that.

SVG is a plain text format, so you wouldn't save much on file size for anything other than the most basic of shapes. Add to that the overhead of parsing the XML and then parsing/converting the string data into Flash Drawing API objects...

Sound like it might be fun, but I'm not sure how practical. You may want to try to find if anyone has written an SVG viewer in Flash. That should have the code you are interested in.

-Ricky