And it crosses over into the ad banner thread...

The original issue was a banner that was failing to POST information on the ad network in IE/Win. It turns out that IE does not want to POST any information to a new window when the Flash piece is in an iframe (thanks David). GET works fine.

The amount of information being transferred necessitates using POST so the solution we ended up going with was:

- transfer the bulk of the information using an XMLSocket
- return a unique id to the Flash client
- use a LoadVars.send() GET with the unique id to pop up the new window and continue doing what we need to do

I had tried doing some DOM stuff with creating a form in the iframe on the fly using the JavaScript pseudo-protocol and getURL. That worked with Mozilla, but IE didn't like that either.

Hope this helps to prevent anyone from banging their heads against the wall in the future.

-Ricky