From: "Clive Sweeney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:52 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] Re: Expandable banners

Speaking about Flash banners and the people who make them, "JesterXL" wrote:
> You can throw all the theortical, non-corraborated numbers around you
> want,
> but you're still using Flash banners.  Email spammers who defend
> themselves
> as targeted email marketers are still spammers.
>
> Your industry sucks.  Deal with it.

Most of us can understand the reaction here, but ultimately it makes no
more sense than saying "Flash sucks. Deal with it." It's true that
Flash, and thus all of us who use it, and everyone who uses the Internet
have actually benefited from Flash banners, even if we don't like them.

Knee-jerk, over-generalized comments about the evils of banners and/or
the evils of Flash are more suited to SlashDot than Flashcoders.

::. clive