Please don't change the subjects of your posts if you're replying to a thread. It causes chaos within most mail clients and nobody will understand what you're talking about.

Kevin

----- Original Message ----- From: "allandt bik-elliott (Receptacle)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:13 AM
Subject: [Flashcoders] callback?

sorry but what do you mean by a callback?

i tried setting a boolean on _root called scriptPaused and then an if statement at the start of all functions to see if scriptPaused was true and if not then run the function but that didn't do anything

here is a trace list from it running now

trace ==================================================

---------> order 3.0 :: show array list
---------> order 1.0 :: loadMenu
---------> order 2.0 :: setCurrentPage
setCurrentPage.setSection is news
---------> order 1.1 :: loadMenu.XMLVars.onLoad
---------> order 1.2 :: parseNews

i is 0 // --> from loadMenu()

---------> order 1.3 :: parseText
i is 1 // --> from loadMenu()

---------> order 1.3 :: parseText
i is 2 // --> from loadMenu()

>>parsing not yet written <-- will parse something not yet wriiten

---------> order 1.3 :: parseText
i is 4 // --> from loadMenu()

---------> order 1.3 :: parseText
i is 5 // --> from loadMenu()

>>parsing not yet written <-- will parse something not yet wriiten

news content success <-- in the onLoad function of parseNews
text content success <-- in the onLoad function of parseText
text content success <-- in the onLoad function of parseText
text content success <-- in the onLoad function of parseText
text content success <-- in the onLoad function of parseText

the order :: x.x shows which order it should have fired in so i guess my attempt didn't work