Thanks for the info on asfunction.  Does the linked text automatically get
underlined?  Can I chnage the link appearance with a CSS sheet (I need
boldfaced links for this app)?

You can see the project (not yet finished) at
http://www.sporkworld.org/pills/   The first page you get to upon clicking
on "Enter" has my custom MP3 Player with lyrics displayed in synch with the
music, which I am quite happy with except that some users report that the
thing doesn't work right unless you first rewind it, but only some of the
time.  I do not understand how it can behave differently on different
occasions, and I cannot reproduce the bug....  Can someone let me know if
oit works for them?  You click on the link on the MP3 player page to get to
the Flash movie with the annoying invisible buttons...  I am currently
working on a video to go with the song, and am debating whether to make a
Flash version that uses still images to make a quick download.

I still need to use invisible buttons (for non text links) and want to know
why the hotspots aren't where they appear to be...  I think I have also had
this trouble with regular buttons, where the hit frame just has the same
image as the up frame, so the hit area should be the visible part of the
button, but in fact, the hot spot is offset and not on top of the button
graphic.  Sometimes also there is no hotspot at all, or there is a hole in
the hotspot (this seems to happen frequently when the button cinsists of
say, a rectangle on one layer, with a text on a layer above it.  Often, you
use a button like this and discover that the text isn't clickable, and the
only hot area is the part of teh rectangle outside the textfield).  This is
very annoying and leads to a tedioous extra step of moving the buttins or
their hot area to make them work...

For the video, I need to make some animations appear on top of live video (I
am using Premiere).  Flash can output my animation as QT, but it needs an
alpha channel so that you can see down to the video underneath...  Is my
only option to output the flash animation as a series of GIFs with index
transparency, and then import them to Premiere and manually line them up on
the timeline in order?  I am using MX 2004, not Flash 8.  Also, is there an
easy way to take a finished video and reduce it to a slideshow in Flash?
Premiere does a poor job of optimizing stills--- I did a video that was
entirely stil images except for a few seconds of motion, and it ended up
quite big when it would have been much smaller as an animated gif (but I
needed sound) or as a Flash movie.  But it is much easier to compose
something videolike using Premiere than in Flash, which doesn't have the
right editing tools or ways to zoom the timeline and trim segments, etc.

Millie