Correction to the post. The import statement should be;

import EventTry;

Hello, I'm having troubles implementing the EventDispatcher class with flash8.

I do the same I use to do before, but now the class doesn't fired the event. Here is a sample class:
___

import mx.events.EventDispatcher;
//
class  EventTry {

        //event functions;
        private var dispatchEvent:Function;
        private var addEventListener:Function;
        private var removeEventListener:Function;
        //
        //fired events;
        public var onEvent:Function;

        public function EventTry(){

                EventDispatcher.initialize(this);
                this.addEventListener("onEvent",this);
                init();
        }
        //
        private function init(){
                dispatchEvent({type:"onEvent", target:this});
                die();
        }
        private function die(){
                removeEventListener("onEvent",this);
                this=null;
                delete this;
                trace("EventTry die");
___

And here is the fla code:

import com.mg.temp.EventTry;
//
var etry:EventTry=new EventTry();
etry.onEvent=function(){
        trace("onEvent fired");
}
//end

___
Here I doesn't get the "etry. onEvent" function fired. Also no error, it just ignore the statement.
Curiously my older classes run well with such a code.
Any help would be appreciate,
thanks,
Javier.