[http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Flash_MX_2004&file=00001742.html]

For Example:

// shows the player type

/*

Read-only property; a string that indicates the type of player.
This property can have one of the following values:

"StandAlone" for the Flash StandAlone Player
"External" for the Flash Player version used by test movie mode,
"PlugIn" for the Flash Player browser plug-in
"ActiveX" for the Flash Player ActiveX Control used by Microsoft
Internet Explorer
*/

var foo1:String = System.capabilities.playerType;

trace(System.capabilities.playerType);

ATextField.text = foo1;

Also,
Not sure if this would be to any help but you can take advantage of
LocalConnection.Domain() function to find out if the swf is being
served from localhost or another server. For example, I've got a
function I call "WhatServerIsThis()". Depending if my app is being
served from a Test server (http://lab.mydomain.com); Stage server
(http://stage.mydomain.com) or Live Server (http://www.mydomain.com)
it automatically switches various URLs (Flash remoting gateways etc)
accordingly.

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Flash_MX_2004&file=00001426.html

For Example:

// shows the domain name

var my_lc:LocalConnection = new LocalConnection();

var foo2:String= my_lc.domain();

trace(foo2);

AnotherTextField.text = foo2;

HTH,