Jim,
The only files that you don't need to put in version controls are binaries that you can regenerate. You can safely put any other files including .project, .as2_classpath files. I've been doing this since last summer without any problems with SVN & subclipse.

Have you tried to clean the project with the Project -> Clean menu option and/or closing/reopening the project and eclipse? I've had some weird compilation problems once in a while, but I could always recover by cleaning my projects or restarting eclipse (maybe a cache needs to be cleaned).

Hope it helps.
Julien

Jim Kremens a écrit :
I have all the latest versions...
 Here's a question - are there files that I should not put in version
control? Like Eclipse's .project file and FDT's .as2_classpath?
 I've done it both ways and still had the same problems, so I don't think
that's the solution. Just curious...
 Jim Kremens