Thank you Muzak.  I remember reading it, I  will read the whole thing again so
it sticks.  Is there any reason  why we shouldn't do this to every class that
we associate an AS2.0  class with?  That is, is there any downside if I just
associate  all my mc with the AS2.0 class in the Component Definition instead
of  the Linkage property?  It seems like Component definition has the  added
niceties that allows you to set the parameters in the IDE.

  - boon

Muzak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:When  setting the AS2.0 class in the Component
Definition window, you'll be  able to add [Inspectable] MetaData to the class,
which
will then show up in the Properties Panel (parameters).
Parameters defined in the properties panel will be set *before* the constructor
of the class is exectuted, avoiding the 1 frame
delay that otherwise occurs.

Check out the docs for more info on Metadata:
Using Components > Creating Components > Creating the AS class file > Adding
component metadata

regards,
Muzak