Previously referenced here:
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/htdig/flashcoders/2001-December/017709.
html

Has anyone else run into this and solved it?

I have a SWF that calls javascript functions in the HTML file it's embedded
in. When I first open the site, all the javascript functions called are
executed properly and open the popup windows they control. If I click a link
in the SWF that downloads a zip file, all the same javascript functions when
called again are passed to the window location instead of being executed.

http://www.milkmanmike.com/comeback/

STEPS TO REPLICATE
- Select Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, or Disclaimer at the lower right.
(Popup appears)
- Select Video Diary from Main Nav.
- Select any of the Download links on the far right.
- Cancel or Start the download
- Select Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, or Dislaimer at the lower right. No
popup.

WindowsXP suppresses the error entirely, aside from an alert sound.
Windows2000 displays the javascript function call in the window location.

//// POPUP AS EXAMPLE ////
privacy_but.onPress = function() {
  getURL ("javascript:launchPrivacy();");
 };
//// ////

//// ZIP DOWNLOAD AS EXAMPLE ////
video3download.onPress = function() {
    getURL("//VIDEO ZIP URL//");
};
//// ////

I've uploaded a simplified example to illustrate the issue further here:
http://www.switchinteractive.com/testJS_Flash.zip

Anyone else run into this? I'd like to solve this without resorting to
opening yet another popup to download the video outside of the flash and
using "_blank" for the zip file link isn't a bulletproof method across
platforms and browsers to initiate the zip download as shown here:
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/htdig/flashcoders/2004-December/127264.
html

How would you regain javascript access/focus after downloading the file?

Thoughts are much appreciated,
MIKE SCHIMANOWSKY
Switch Interactive
1237 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC