are you expecting it to call mySuperClass.myFunction, or mySubClass.myFunction?

As far as I know, if you have overridden myFunction in the subclass, that will be called, rather than the super class's definition. I usually get around this with naming conventions, i.e. prefixing my private functions with the initials of the class. It's ugly, but safer, especially when you do a lot of inheritance.

Nikolaj Selvik wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for welcoming me to your list!

I´ve run into a problem using MM's delegate class, couldn't find any info on
this particular issue so here goes:

Example:

"mySubClass" inherits from "mySuperClass"

In "mySubClass" I have:

myObject.addEventListener("click",Delegate.create(this, this.myFunction));

works fine if "myFunction" is defined in "mySubclass", just as it should, but not if Its
defined in "mySuperClass". Why?

Best Regards,

Nick