Cort,

I've have often wanted to use the dataprovider on it's own in my projects as well. Would you post back to the list your findings. What you've got to work. Thanks!

Judah
PS When I was starting out I used the dataprovider in a list component and set the list invisible. Then as my project progressed I needed to display the dataprovider data. It was funny that when I made the list visible all the work was done for me. :)

Cortlandt Winters wrote:

Thanks a lot Hans,

Just after sending that message (and thus having tried everything that
seemed to make sense) I tried new Array() and it did work. Your explaination
makes sense and it is marked as an api in a note of the components language
reference, but then it's also described as a class. I understand the
mechanics of mixins, but it still makes no sense to me as to why something
would want to be like this. I guess the good news is that I still have lots
to learn.

Initialize isn't listed in the documentation, I'll do some searching and
find out if I can learn anything more about that. I think I need to forget
that as1 ever existed if I'm ever going to enjoy as2 in time to forget it
ever existed and enjoy as3.

Thanks again.