The need is akin to something like this: You have a small SWF that
contains a listBox. There is more data in the listBox items than you
can display... so one might want to use a Flash tooltip. However you
don't have the room and you need to break out of the SWF's container.
This will allow for that, so for certain applications I think this is
extremely useful. I'll post up a quick article on the whole thing.
Using ExternalInterface, its actually pretty simple to pull off.

edolecki