Also- check the "filterLevel" in the output window menu... if it's set to None, it will behave as you describe... set it to verbose.

On Dec 4, 2005, at 2:14 PM, YuriGoul wrote:

Nope.

I can create a new empty file with no matter what settings and put a trace comment in it. The output panel comes to the front as happens when the trace is executed, but there is nothing in it.