Hi there,
I've wasted the whole afternoon with the event and listener thing, I know it
could be another basic question,
but I just cant figure it out....
please help..

//in ParaControl.as
//here I defined 3 functions to receive the events sent by the ParaHolder
instance
//but there is something wrong:
    public function onFirst(eventObj:Object){
        trace("onFirst received from "+eventObj.target);//------------- not
traced
     }
    public function onLast(eventObj:Object){
        trace("onLast received from "+eventObj.target);
    }
    public function onMiddle(eventObj:Object){
        trace("onMiddel received from "+eventObj.target);

//in ParaView.as
//ParaView is used to hold them all and assign ParaControl as a listener to
ParaHolder.
    public function ParaView(timeline:MovieClip){
        tl = timeline;
        pd = new ParaData();
        pd.loadData("data/1U01pBT.xml","data/normal.css","data/active.css");
        pd.addEventListener("onDataReady",this);
        Stage.scaleMode = "noscale";
        pc = new ParaControl(tl);
        pc.addEventListener("click",this);
    }

    public function onDataReady(eventObj:Object){
        ph = MCE.attachMovie(tl,"paraHolder","mainph",tl.getNextHighestDepth
(),{},ParaHolder,[pd]);
        ph._x=0;
        ph._y=0;
        ph.addEventListener("onFirst",pc);
        ph.addEventListener("onLast",pc);
        ph.addEventListener("onMiddle",pc);
        //I've also tried to define the 3 funtions here(in ParaView.as), and
changed "pc" to "this", but it does not work, either.

//in ParaHolder.as
//this is where I dispatch my event.
..
    private function _checkStatus(){
        if(_currentPage == 1){
            dispatchEvent({type:"onFirst", target:this});
            trace("onFirst fired");//-------------this can be traced, so I
think the event is dispatched successfully
        }else if(_currentPage == _pages.length){
            dispatchEvent({type:"onLast", target:this});
            trace("onLast fired");
        }else{
            dispatchEvent({type:"onMiddle", target:this});
            trace("onMiddle fired");
..

hope those make sense,
any suggestion?