I agree...bytearrays aren't anything bad, its just another way to
manipulate data. The only way it could cause problems, is if there are
any exploits in the flash runtime, it would make it slightly (only
slightly) easier to take advantage of them.

Raw sockets, are still restricted by the same cross-domain
restrictions as exist in flash 7 & 8, so sites have to specifically
allow flash clients to connect (opt-in)

direct access to sound buffer? how could there be any security
problems with this? flash already can play sounds, so the most direct
access would let you do, is create very strange sounds that maybe you
couldn't compress in mp3? maybe you could write some kind of nerual
virus, that when people hear it, in infects their brain?

I don't see any security issues with these features. But I understand
the position, I don't want flash to become another attack vector, like
signed java applets. Right now, the worst a flash movie can do is pop
up lots of browser windows. The worst a signed java applet can do is
ANYTHING (if the user presses Yes in the "accept applet?" dialog). I
could for example write a java applet that deletes all your files.

-David R