Could they have ment that they weren't available until the MC had fully
loaded?

Ade

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Nils
Millahn
Sent: 15 September 2005 11:19
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] MovieClipLoader - onLoadComplete event

Hi all,

just asking for clarification on what properties/methods I can access in
the onLoadComplete event of the MovieClipLoader class.

The documentation states that:

"At this point it is impossible to access the loaded movie clip’s
methods and properties, and because of this you cannot call a function,
move to a specific frame, and so on."

However I seem to be able to call 'stop()' and change the _x value of a
target clip.

Is it the case then that the built-in MovieClip properties/methods ARE
available, whereas any custom code isn't?

Thanks - Nils.