Robert,

We use Subversion as well, and I've found the following very useful for
development to production life cycle purposes [very high macro level] - your
actual mileage may vary *wink*:

[/local-source-sandbox] -> {publish to} -> [~/local-build-dirs]
EX:
Subversion sandbox = e:\development\svn-sandbox\blah\*
Builds directory struct = e:\development\svn-builds\blah\*
The local build directory structure contains only the published .SWF's for
local testing, it's a snapshot of the development server setup for the
site/project - see below...

[~/local-build-dirs] -> {ftp xfer} -> [~/devsvr-web-test]
The dev server web is a snapshot of the production environment. The local
files are ftp'd to the dev server for network testing - just have Apache
serve 'em on up...
EX:
Development server snapshot = /mnt/www-root/dev-sites/blah/* (or whatever)
Testing it with something like http://www.yoursite.com/blah

[~/devsvr-web-test] -> {ftp xfer} -> [~/production-svr]
Once tested and debugged, the dev server 'wares snapshot can then be
synchronized with the production web server and rolled out...
EX:
Production server snapshot = ~/httpdocs/* (or whatever)
This'll serve up as your projects URL - http://www.blah.com

If this was helpful, that's great! If not, let's just keep this as our
little secret... *grinning*

--
Dok
Skyymap Inc.