Unfortunately Viewpoint's flash engine is still Flash 5, but you can do
(almost) anything you would expect to be able to in that version.  The only
thing I found I wasn't able to do (from Flash 5) is prototyping.  In
addition to rendering the Flash as a texture (without loosing interaction)
you can also render it as foreground and background... which is pretty
powerful considering you can script directly between the two. However, as an
example of separate plugins passing data/control, in this case syncing 2d
and 3d menus, here's an example:

http://www.3w3d.com/

Also, Viewpoint has recently added ECMA based scripting engine (previously
was pure XML only) which they've hooked into their 3D object/property
system.  For example, take a cube, attach methods to each of it's points,
say random sine waves... instant jello cube.  I've used this capability to
write a simple 3d chess game:

http://www.3w3d.com/vet/chess/

I'm sure you could write your own physics engine with it (hell, just port an
existing AS one and add a Z-axis ;).

~Daimen