Hi John,
I haven't checked various pocket devices on MIDI recently, but the problem on desktops has been when you get varying capabilities on various platforms, so that the same MIDI file can sound different on different machines.
Yes, but that's probably because every platform and/or videocard has different standard soundback. Of course this can be a issue, but not when you use MIDI for controlling external devices ;-) Anyway it's a good idea have a look at this, I can't believe this is a big change within the Flash player. Oh well, I will check it out for yah

Yours,
Weyert de Boer