Chris Hill schrieb:
I'd say your best bet is to use Charles to debug the interaction to make sure that the domains that you're calling are doing what you expect:

Charles:
http://www.xk72.com/charles/index.php

Tutorial (shameless self-plug)
http://ubergeek.tv/article.php?pid=92

Record the session, and you can usually tell where things go pear-shaped. Also, I'm not sure that you can (or should) use "*" in a crossdomain.xml. And there is no issue with using non-www domains.

Thanks for the hints. As so often the user is the cause: The crossdomain.xml was stored in the wrong directory - had been in the wrong directory, and we didn't recognize it...

And yes, you can use "*" in this file - simply opening data access to all SWFs out there...

Best regards,
Roman.