Sure - that's what I like about doing it that way - each row is a movie
clip, so you can size each row however you like - the next row's
position is based on the previous row's _y + _height - so they are
positioned correctly.

May not be the best solution as far as processor requirements, but it
does the job and offers more flexibility in my opinion.

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

MovieClip

http://cmt.icfconsulting.com/CDRH/DiscoveryPortal%20Source%20Code/Flash/
>>> version4/DiscoveryPortal.html
>>>
>>> Here's part of the script that creates and positions the rows  -
based
>>> on XML data (XPath):
>>>
>>> function createPlannerGrid(target_mc:MovieClip, title:String,
x:Number,
>>> y:Number, width:Number, height:Number):Array {
>>>        var Rows:Array = new Array();
>>>        target_mc.attachMovie("rowTitles_mc", "rowTitles_mc", 1);
>>>        target_mc.rowTitles_mc._x =
>>> parseInt(XPath.selectNodes(session.data.xmlFiles["config_xml"],
>>> "config/planner/[EMAIL PROTECTED]"));
>>>        target_mc.rowTitles_mc._y =
>>> parseInt(XPath.selectNodes(session.data.xmlFiles["config_xml"],
>>> "config/planner/[EMAIL PROTECTED]"));
>>>        target_mc.createClassObject(mx.containers.ScrollPane,
>>> "items_sp", 10);
>>>        target_mc.items_sp.contentPath = "blank_mc";
>>>        var numRows:Number =
>>> XPath.selectNodes(session.data.xmlFiles["tasks_xml"],
>>> "tasks/task").length;
>>>        for (var i:Number = 0; i<numRows; i++) {
>>>                var thisRow:MovieClip =
>>> target_mc.items_sp.content.attachMovie("plannerRow_mc",
"row"+i+"_mc",