After standardizing our flash practices for developing RIA we are looking to a "platform" for server side integration. To date we have just used AMF services and created classes that then could be consumed via remoting. We are now running into issues:

+ Maintaining server side application code for legacy applications. PHP V3 -> PHP 4.* -> PHP 5* + Documentation that is specific to a project when code functionality is not specific to the application.
+ Large learning curve for new staff members.
+ Lack of any list or forum for support, such as this list for Flash.

The idea is that by moving to CAKE or Fuzebox we can leverage the existing work and of course aid to the projects. Anyone on the list worked with these technologies and their integration with flash via AMF? I saw that Patrick Mineault (AMFPHP fame) posted to his blog about some of these technologies today and the future integration with AMFPHP.

Thanks for any insight, rants, experiences, etc that you may have had.

Wade Arnold
T8DESIGN