Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Custom combobox

Hi Chris, thanks for the help by the way, i managed to get it working
like so:

myCombobox.addItem("Hello world");
myCombobox.dropdown.setPropertiesAt(0,{backgroundColor:0xCCCCCC,
icon:"image"});

The problem being that the "icon" image has to be in the library and
have a linkage id.  Do you think there is any way to take this same
approach but use a dynamically loaded jpg for the icon?

Mike Boutin

Chris Hill wrote:

Hi Mike,

You should be able to create a movieclip class that implements the
CellRenderer api, and then use that within the combobox's list:

var dropdown:List = myCombo.dropdown;
dropdown.cellRenderer = "myCustomCellRenderer";

Having said that, I've never done this, but I don't see why it
wouldn't work.

Mike Boutin wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to go about creating a comobox that can hold a
10x10 pixel color palette image and a label beside it per row?  Has
anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks!