Whatever you do, don't buy "Flash and XML: A Developers Guide" by Dov
Jacobsen and Jesse Jacobsen - Addison-Wesley Press - besides being Flash
5, the book sucks.  You get the impression these guys are much more into
XML than Flash.  If they even use Flash at all in their professional
lives.  Apologies in advance if you're on thist list and one of the
authors. There's some good stuff in it, but for someone new to Flash or
doing basic stuff, it's not the book for you.  But even the advanced
stuff lacks depth though.

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

I can
>>tell it is for Flash 5 and was written in 2001.
>>
>>Is that still "current"? I am assuming not.
>>
>>What books should I read when just getting into this subject, again,
using
>>Flash 8 or Flash MX2004?
>>

>>Thanks for your help,
>>Ben

NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.