I should have been more clear sorry. Clearing the ASO files does not help in this case.

At 03:15 PM 1/7/2006, you wrote:
You might be able to clear the cached compiled classes by clearing your ASO
files.

In the Flash 8 IDE you can do this via the "Control" menu --> Delete ASO
Files.

Hope this helps!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of blists
Sent: January 7, 2006 5:57 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] Classes being cached - deleting ASO does help
(flash8)

I have a strange problem.

When I compile my project in the flash 8 IDE, one of my classes that I am
editing does not get re-compiled. Testing in a browser does not show the
changes. If I make a coding error in the class being compiled, the IDE
complains and I have to change it before it will recompile. That makes me
think its being compiled! But changes are not reflected. I've closed the
browser, cleared the cache etc - and none of that works. If I close and
re-open the IDE, the first time I compile it will work with the new changes.

WTF is going on here? Any body encountered this before?

Brookd