-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff
Mastropietro
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 2:54 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] How to Build a Flash Bandwidth Tester?

Does anyone have any ideas how this flash bandwidth tester is working?

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

It must be fetching a file from the server somehow, but how?  Also, it
must be posting that file or some other file back to the server.

We have an application that let's our users upload files to our servers,

so we'd like to provide something like this on our website so that our
users can test their upload speeds.  If anyone knows of an open source
one, that would be superb.

Thanks,
Jeff