I am attempting to use 9-slice a.k.a. scale9Grid for some components I am
updating. Problem is, I can't seem to get it to work at all.

I have even created a new MovieClip, made a simple circle within it, and
turned on 9-slice via the UI. This gives me the exact same results as if I
didn't have it on.

I have been to several web sites that give step by step examples on how it
works and I have followed them to a T with no luck.

Is there some magic voodoo mantra that I did not read about?? Is there
something that breaks them? Are others having issues with it?

Charles P