> If you run the whole thing from an executable
> (projector),

Thanks Marc - but sadly the remote files are the main
ones, and they are run through an LMS - in webpages -
there's no option to use an exe at all. The LMS kicks
it off online in the webpage, and so it's these swf's
in the webpage that need to call in the FLV's whenever
they are needed. It's fairly common in eLearning - at
least used to be - for video content to be supplied on
asset CD's - thankfully this is dying out given flash
video and greater bandwidth. Kinda defeats the object
of online learning - when you require a CD to use it -
I know, but they call the shots!
Thanks anyway.

As mentioned, it does appear to work (remote swf >
local FLV) but I'm just a little nervous about
depending on it, given the super-tight (over-tight)
restrictions flash now imposses. Maybe Mike Chambers
could throw some light on it...(if you still read this
list Mike...)

Thanks.

> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:48:43 -0800
> From: Marc Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>