-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Skoglund
Sent: 25 January 2006 10:26
To: 'Flashcoders mailing list'
Subject: SV: SV: [Flashcoders] Microsoft Sparkle

OK, you maybe YOU don't care much for it, but a RIA-platform needs to be
flexible as possible and give the developers as much freedom as possible.
Content rules, but why restrict content to 2d? I'm not talking about wacky
3d interfaces where they are clearly not needed, but games, simulations,
product presentations etc.

As I see it Macromedia has always been making good tools for creating
interactive experiences but are now trying hard with Flex 2 to compete in
the corporate applications. Microsoft comes from the opposite side. They
already have most of the corporate developers, and are now trying to get the
designers attention. And looking at the feature lists they seem to beat
Macromedia on their own turf... I hope that Macromedia/Adobe can compete.

Shockwave 3d has a very steep learning curve and it's just in the last
couple of years that people have really learned to create really nice games
with it. Look for example att my own first try on creating a shockwave
3d-game: www.monsterland.se/snowwarfare
I wouldn't have been able to create this without the tutorials and helpful
communities that's been built up during the years. In my view Macromedia had
a good state of the art product, but threw it away since it didn't create
short term profit.

Sparkle on the other side seems quite easy to get into. The 3d-functions are
well integrated into the IDE so you can navigate between 3d-models in a
scene as easily as you do between movie clips in flash. And there are lot's
of features beside this 3d-part. Intresting times ahead!

/David