So you have something like this :

MC_A --¬        (uses mouse handlers)
        MC_B    (also uses mouse handlers)

Where A is B's parent but A has some handlers defined and none of the handlers in B will work.

The way around it is to introduce a common parent to A and B which has no mouse handling, its just a container. So A is no longer the parent of B

CONTAINER --¬
             MC_A (contains some mouse handlers)
             MC_B (contains other mouse handlers)

then both A and B's handlers will work.

thanks,

Martin

Kent Humphrey wrote:
What I can never manage to do is put buttons inside the revealing MC. Even a simple test like trace(this) does nothing. I think it's because the (rollOver)/(rollOut) script on the parent of the button is conflicting with the event being sent by the child. The mouse cursor certainly remains the same (finger) over the whole revealed shape.

--
Martin Wood

http://relivethefuture.com/choronzon