Hello coders,

I have some black movieclips in my components that I'd like to "skin" (i.e. adjust their hue/saturation & brightness) with just one given color... Let's say I pass "0xFF0000" to a method that will tint my clips to red but with some difference in brightness and saturation..

Something like :

function setSkinColor(color:Number):Void {
  header_txt.textColor = color;

  // less saturation & brighter
  var cmf1:Array = [ /* some magic numbers */ ];

  // more saturation & darker
  var cmf2:Array = [ /* some magic numbers */ ];

  headerBackground_mc.filters = [new ColorMatrixFilter(cmf1)];
  background_mc.filters = [new ColorMatrixFilter(cmf2)];
}

Unfortunately, matrixes aren't my cup of tea so instead of playing around with each parameters, I wanted to know if someone had already done this or could give me some advices/examples.

Thanks in advance :)

Julien