Hi John -

If you want to execute a file via JSFL there's two ways that I know of:

1. There's an undocumented command in the JSFL File API called runCommandLine:
http://www.asvguy.com/2004/07/undocumented_fl.html
http://www.bit-101.com/blog/?p=547

Looking through some JSFL code I ran at some point, it looks like I
didn't know the path to the executable to be launched, only the
document, so I called it like so and it worked - explorer figured out
the right exe. That'll only work on Windows though.
FLfile.runCommandLine("explorer.exe " + docPath);

2. Use Guy Watson's JSAPI File System extension (Windows NT/2000/XP only)
http://www.flashguru.co.uk/extensions/

hth. best, - rajat
--
Rajat Paharia