Thanks for the reply. I am using UIComponent. The code that is in the live
preview fla is:

[code]

function onUpdate() {

pushBtn.buttonText_txt.text = xch.btnLabel;

}

[/code]

The strange thing is that in the component's FLA I can drag as many instances
from the library on the stage and it works fine. Once I convert it to SWC, the
problems start. I did trace out the the xch properties, but I couldn't seem to
find the component's name.

I did read the other replies to my post and looks like it is somewhat of a
flawed design and it has to be hacked to get it to work properly.

Thanks for the assistance.