Take a look in the Flash help panel under Components Language Reference -> UIComponent Class and UIObject Class. Most components inherit from UIComponent, which in turn inherits from UIObject, so all the properties/methods/events listed for these two classes will apply. When you create your own components, you have a choice as to whether you want to go the somewhat lighter-weight approach and just extend UIObject, or to get the full V2 framework from UIComponent.

Nathan
http://www.nathanderksen.com